Your steaks should be sliced into small strips and laid out on a plate. Smother the steaks in your Cajun blackening sauce. Flip them over and smother the backside. Then place the steak strips into a re-sealable plastic bag and pour the remaining Cajun blackening sauce into the baggie. Seal the bag and place in refrigerator for approximately two hours.
When you’re ready to make your salad (and after 2 hours of marinating the steaks), you’ll want to place the steak strips into the broiler. They will cook fast, so keep an eye on them (anywhere from 4 to 5 minutes per side). Cook them to your preference.
While the steaks are in the broiler, you’ll need to make the dressing. Once again, you’ll need to crush the garlic and let it sit before mixing it with the other ingredients. Crush the 4 peeled garlic cloves into a small bowl and let sit for at least 10 minutes. While you’re waiting on the garlic, combine the other dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly (lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, Tabasco sauce, and olive oil).
Check your steaks! If they’re cooked to your liking, remove them and place on a plate and set them aside.
Mix together the 4 cloves of crushed garlic and the salad dressing.
Next, prepare the salad. Remove your chilled romaine lettuce from the refrigerator and tear it into bite-size pieces and place into a large bowl. Add the garlic croutons, parmesan cheese, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Next, pour in the salad dressing and toss the salad until dressing is thoroughly mixed with the lettuce.
Prepare four plates with an equal amount of salad. Slice the steaks into small pieces and layer the tops of the salads with equal amounts of steak, and enjoy!
The listed ingredients are enough to serve four people.
Blacked Steak Marinade:
- 1 / 2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of Cajun style blackening seasoning
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 4 tenderloin steaks (6-8 ounces each, trimmed of fat)
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (or equivalent)
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce (rinsed and chilled)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (rinsed and cut in half)
- 2 cups of garlic croutons
- 1 / 2 cup of Parmesan cheese