Weight loss recipes are abundant from all over the world and can help to spice up any dish. Here is a great, healthy weight loss recipe that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Whole Wheat Penne with Shrimp and Vegetables
- 1 Pound Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Medium to Large Eggplant (cut into half inch cubes)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Half Pound Medium Shrimp (cleaned)
- 1 Quarter Cup Chopped Basil
Cook the pasta per the instructions on the package. While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil to medium high heat in a large skillet and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the eggplant to the garlic and olive oil and continue to sauté for about another 5 minutes until the eggplant color turns golden brown. Next, add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes and finally add the shrimp. Cook an additional 2 or 3 minutes until the shrimp turns pink.
Drain the pasta but save ½ cup of the water the pasta was cooked in and add both the pasta and the liquid to the skillet. Toss all ingredients together in skillet. Top it off with chopped basil.